[PLUG] Help with setting Function key values in console

Matt Alexander m at netpro.to
Thu Apr 18 23:09:00 UTC 2002

Hi,
I'm trying to configure a Linux box so it can send the proper code to an
application when the various Function keys are pressed.  Here's how it
should work...  I login to the server and run the app.  Pressing F5 should
send:    ^[[6~

I used loadkeys to set this up and if I press the F5 key while on the
console, it prints this string.  However, the app on the server behaves as
if I'm actually typing in each of those characters individually, and
that's not what I want.  The box I'm testing this on is Mandrake 8.2.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to make this work or where I might
find more information on how to configure this, I'd appreciate it.
Thanks,
~M