[PLUG] OT - Re: Microsoft Does It Again - BSODs

guy1656 guy1656 at ados.com
Fri Apr 19 16:39:44 UTC 2002

Reply regarding Re: [PLUG] Microsoft Does It Again from Michael Smith:
# Look at the "bright side" of things.... no more BSOD's, right? ;^)
#

1) First, thanx to ALL of you on this list for encouraging mme to persevere
with Linuz as a non-technical desktop user - who'd a thunk it, right?

2) One of my favorite Windows error boxes (now becoming a fading memory,
thanx again to all yooze guys) was a BLANK GREY BOX with two buttons:
'OK' and 'Cancel.' Neat, eh?

3) I also heard that there is a registry hack by which you can customize your
own BSOD - you can select the DOS text color and background color, and even
select blinking texts. So not only can you have an RSOD, FSOD, GSOD (for red,
fuschia, green, etc.) but you could also blink in pairs of TACKY colors, e.g:
a "purple text over lime green alternating with beige text on pink"-SOD.

4) A friend of mine also got his W2K computer to play a .wav file upon BSOD.

GLL