[PLUG] Multiple Zone DNS

Craighead, Scot D craighead.scot at vectorscm.com
Fri Apr 19 18:11:13 UTC 2002

On Friday 19 April 2002 01:38 pm, you wrote:
> Can anyone point me to a tutorial, provide examples, or advice about how
> to set up multiple zones under a DNS.
>
> Currently, I have a DNS for my home domain, but I want to add another
> domain name to my IP address.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by this, but I had, for a while, one
machine with one IP running both an email server and a web server.  I was
able to figure this out by looking at the configure files for apache and
postfix.  In Apache, you setup virtual domains.  It wasn't very hard.  I had
one directory that was the document root for one domain and another for the
other.  In postfix, I set it to receive mail for both domains.  I then went
to my domain name service provider (register.com) and set the IP's for both
domains to the same IP.  Is that what you are asking?