[PLUG] Galeon package removed, now unavailable?

Michael Hall mph at puddingbowl.org
Fri Apr 19 19:30:37 UTC 2002

Galeon is one of the packages dropped from Woody/testing for the
upcoming release.  It was mentioned in a recent Debian Weekly News and,
the last I know, it was a candidate for being dropped due to build
problems on IA64.

It's possible to use apt 'pinning' to get it back, but you'll be
downloading from Sid/unstable.

Here's some info on pinning and how to use it to get selected apps from
unstable.  I used this to get Galeon a week or so ago.  Keep in mind
that this runs the risk of sucking in other dependencies from unstable
with the inherent risks that entails:

http://www.puddingbowl.org/index.php?GetUnstableApps

-mph