[PLUG] Woody install question

Richard F Seymour rseymour at spamcop.net
Mon Apr 22 20:43:47 UTC 2002

Dave wrote:

> 27?  Harsh.

That's 27 working disks. There we also about 21 that failed (using old
disks from a dusty box == bad).

> Assuming you have a broadband connection, woody (and most other debian
> installs) has a netinst floppy set, some five or six disks, which installs
> cardmgr and such and then apt-get's the rest of the distro from some Remote
> Source.  Maybe not as fast as floppies(?) but far easier.  And upgradable!
>
> Check around the images/ directory for netinst, or similarly named.  I got,
> long, ago, a potatoe install working this way on a 3com pcmcia card.

Hmmm... nothing there similarly named in either woody or potato.

But I really don't want to resort to another install.

Is there a way to get into the install process and just do the step(s) I
left out?

--
Oil can what?