[PLUG] Micro$soft challenge...

mikeraz at patch.com mikeraz at patch.com
Mon Apr 22 22:05:22 UTC 2002

On Mon, Apr 22, 2002 at 02:50:23PM -0700, Rich Shepard typed:
> popular? Never copy protected. Pirated like crazy. Many consultants learned
> how to write database applications on an illegal copy of dBASE.

Hey, I resemble that remark.  :)

> Made them the database standard in the microcomputer world for quite a few
> years.

Until they did what killed my association with them.  The release of dBase IV
was way late and didn't have promised features. Features which a project I
was doing at the time depended on.  That bungle opened the door for many of
their competitors.

--
    Michael Rasmussen  aka  mikeraz
   Be appropriate && Follow your curiosity