[PLUG] Micro$oft at it again.

Preston Crawford prestonc at crawfordsolutions.com
Mon Apr 22 22:46:18 UTC 2002

On Mon, 22 Apr 2002, sendai wrote:

> I would pay to volunteer.  I have two kids in PSD and it makes me really
> angry that the schools can't get the money together to get decent teaching
> materials, but M$ expects them to pay hundreds of thousands more for a piece
> of fricken software.  Stupid.  I looked at the K12LTSP site and found no

That's the important part, "fricken software". Even though I love
computing and profit from it, at the end of the day class size, teacher
quality, materials are far more important to real-world skills than being
knowledgable about Windows. Especially since so many kids have computers
at home. Why not Linux? It seems like a no-brainer. If it comes down to
teachers or books or MS Word, I'm sorry, but OpenOffice will have to do.

Preston