[PLUG] how to get a copy of the red hat errata files?

Bill bill at coho.net
Mon Apr 22 22:32:43 UTC 2002

I think that if you run up2date on your one machine it will save all the
rpms it downloads in /var/spool/up2date, even after it installs them.  Of
course to be sure you could copy all the rpms from var/spool/up2date to
another directory before you let up2date do the install (come to think of
it, there might be an up2date setting that controls whether the things
get deleted).  The reason I'm
not sure the rpms are saved after install is that all I have in its
directory is a bunch of .hdr files (whatever they are), but I think I went
and cleaned out the rpms myself to save space.  Anyway, make sure you copy
the rpms somewhere else, then plug the laptop back into yer network and
ftp or scp the things over to your other machines.

Bill