[PLUG] Micro$oft at it again.

Craighead, Scot D craighead.scot at vectorscm.com
Wed Apr 24 16:20:42 UTC 2002

Jason Van Cleve spoke thusly:
>You may be right, Terry.  The military analogy came to mind just because I
>see a number of people like me who want to fight this thing but don't
really
>know how.  If they had a weapon, they'd use it.  I may write my
congressman,
>but will it really help?  I mean, it isn't very direct, is it?  And this
>issue calls for direct and immediate action.

I think Jason is correct.  Many people have said that they would like to
help, but I think most of us lack direction.  Is someone going to contact
poeple at schools who are the decision makers for IT?  Does anyone know who
to call?  It mentioned more school districts than just Portland.  Does
anyone know which other districts we should contact?  Someone with good
sales skills should contact the decision makers and make a pitch to them.  I
think we need someone to set some standards to offer the schools like we can
install XXXX disto with these settings on each XXXX type of computer.
Turning a bunch of people loose in even one school and installing different
stuff on each machine would create a huge mess and probably do more damage
than good.  Some command structure would only help.