[PLUG] Coordination and Planning

david may david at davudsplace.net
Wed Apr 24 17:59:06 UTC 2002

Actually I think you do agree, I just did not express myself well.
I think the linux community needs to  include users. And that
was exactly my point. I was responding to the call for leadership
which should be a call to the community as a whole. Geeks AND
users and grandmothers etc. I think getting them into the process is
the first step. Right now the linux community is heavily weighted
on the side of geeks and "engineers". At least the  vocal ones.

Those lurkers and the folks who do not know what a mount point is,
need to feel comfortable speaking up.  Thats why I think a frame
work is necessary. The third grade teacher in Gresham doesn't
want to wade through  16 messages of getting an smpt server working
to keep up with the latest on this issue. And She/he may likely
feel intimidated by all the techno speak.

davud