[PLUG] HELP - no outside access to only one server

Derek Loree derek at infotects.com
Wed Apr 24 18:31:53 UTC 2002

Hi All,

I need HELP!  I had access (from home) to www.cdkeybonus.com last night
before going to bed, this morning I had none.  I did have access to
www.infotects.com which is on the same subnet and physically sitting
next to the server I cannot access.

I got to work and the server is still alive!  I can even access it from
www.infotects.com.

I didn't change anything last night,  and we did not have any power
failures.

Last night, I was trying to figure out why mail from work wasn't being
delivered to my home (though mail from home makes it to work just fine),
I'm not sure if this is a related problem or not (I doubt it).

I contacted our service provider, they were no help.

So, I'm taking a poll, how many of you can access www.cdkeybonus.com?

You should get an error from apache, "Permission denied", I don't allow
directory browsing on this server.

I also have the router drop pings, so the only trace route you will be
able to use is tcptraceroute to port 80.

The more information the better.

TIA!

Derek Loree