[PLUG] Micro$oft at it again.

sendai sendai at thedustyshelf.com
Wed Apr 24 18:36:28 UTC 2002

This is exactly the type of input that needs to be brought up.  The fact is
that it would take way too long to phase MS out completely.  There are
25,000 machines in PSD.  Of these maybe 22,000 could be upgraded quickly and
easily.  The remaining 3000 would require greater involvement and therefore
could not be completed in time to duck the audit.  However, auditing 3000
machines is a much less daunting task than 25,000.  No matter what happens
there will inevitably be at least a few hundred machines that will remain MS
for whatever reason.  But again, a few hundred or even a few thousand
licenses are much less of a burden than 25,000.

Is MS demanding that they audit every machine MS run or not?  If so, part of
the conversion would be auditing the new software as it goes in, taking the
cost and effort away from the school districts.  That is a win-win.