[PLUG] refurbished Thinkpad 600

Stuart Mathews smathews at pcez.com
Thu Apr 25 20:06:44 UTC 2002

I too have been looking to acquire a thinkpad to run Linux on.  I used to have one
when I worked at IBM and I loved it.  A good friend who works for one of the big
consulting shops said they dumped all their Dell laptops in favor of Thinkpads
because the former was causing them grief.  Plus, I wonder if there is better
support for Linux on Thinkpads?? Anybody know about that?

I haven't been able to convince myself to pull the trigger on a used Thinkpad
though.  Laptops tend to have harder lives than PCs, and paying several hundred
bucks for a system that might develop "issues" sooner than I'd like doesn't seem
appealing when you can now get a brand new thinkpad wiht all the latest stuff
inside for close to a thousand bucks. Plus a better warranty.

I'd be curious as to how your experience goes...