[PLUG] rpm

mikeraz at patch.com mikeraz at patch.com
Fri Apr 26 01:17:20 UTC 2002

On Thu, Apr 25, 2002 at 06:08:01PM -0700, Kyle Accardi typed:
> Are you saying you tried the previous recommendation of omitting the
> version info and it still didn't work?
>
> ie.
> # rpm -e vnc-doc
>
> really should work.
>
> I get burned on this from time-to-time.  It'd be nice if rpm recognized the
> entire name in these operations.

Yes, I did try that.  It returns the interesting error

	"vnc-doc" specifies multiple packages

Which, d'oh, is exactly what I'm trying to remove.

Unfortunately, -e doesn't take --force as a companion.

--
    Michael Rasmussen  aka  mikeraz
   Be appropriate && Follow your curiosity