[PLUG] FreeBSD user group

Wil Cooley wcooley at nakedape.cc
Fri Apr 26 02:44:57 UTC 2002

Also Sprach Ed Sawicki <ed at alcpress.com> on Thu, Apr 25, 2002 at 06:20:55PM PDT

> I read an email message yesterday, authored by a member of the local
> FreeBSD user group, that was hostile to Linux and Linux users. I thought
> we were all friendly. I have as high a regard for FreeBSD and FreeBSD
> users as I do for Linux. Yet, it seems there may be a war going on
> that nobody told me about. Is there general ill will between Linux and
> FreeBSD users or was this an aberration - someone having a bad day or
> getting upset that FreeBSD is not the household word that Linux is?

Oh yes, there's been a lot of animosity amoung the FreeBSD crowd
towards the Linux crowd, for quite some time.  (And the *BSD crowds
in general.)  Did you see that post here or was it somewhere else?
I recently noticed a number of cross-posts to a local FreeBSD user
group, but wasn't able to actually find the list.  (The message to
majordomo@ is sitting in my outgoing queue with 'User unknown'.)

Wil
Wil Cooley                                 wcooley at nakedape.cc
                * Linux and Network Consulting *
irc.linux.com                                     #orlug,#lnxs