[PLUG] Random Eterm tint -- Solved It

Tyler F. Creelan creelan at engr.orst.edu
Sat Apr 27 22:33:57 UTC 2002

> I'm trying to configure Eterm so that each
> terminal is tinted with a random color when Eterm is invoked.

I gave up on the user.cfg file and just wrote a script. Thank goodness for
perl. :)

#!/usr/local/bin/perl
#|---------------------------------
#| Runs Eterm with random color tint.
#| TTFC 2002.

# edit this array to change the colors.
# note: dark colors work best on light backgrounds.
@colors=("midnightblue", "gold","orange","green","skyblue","darkslategray","red","yellow","darkgreen");
$length=push(@colors);
$r=rand $length;

# Eterm window size, can also specify offset.
$geo="--geometry 75x55";

# tinted with random color.
print "This terminal is colored $colors[$r].\n";
system("(Eterm -O --itrans $geo --scrollbar off --borderless --tint $colors[$r] & )");