[PLUG] Looking for a good DSL provider

Sandy Herring sandy at herring.org
Sun Apr 28 19:44:46 UTC 2002

On Sun, 28 Apr 2002, Galen Seitz wrote:
> www.aracnet.com (aka spiritone) is one possibility.

Which is what I use. They've had their share of problems in the past (mostly
during the transition after they were acquired by Spirit One), but have been
running smoothly for many months (no outages that I've noted). DSL pricing
is here:

    http://www.aracnet.com/adsl/adsl_regpricing.html

I've got 128k/1.5Mbs, which is perfectly ample for my low traffic web site
(http://herring.org/usage/). They have a one-time charge for enabing your
virtual domain (some ISPs charge monthly), and no restrictions for
reasonable use of NAT and servers on your DSL line.

Sandy
--
Sandy Herring, RHCE                        o              sandy at herring.org
Peck of Pickled Pisces               __  o               http://herring.org/