[PLUG] postfix and virtuals

Gaetano gaetano at minastirith.org
Mon Apr 29 03:47:19 UTC 2002

I don't know if this is the best way, or the most elegant way, but it
was a knee jerk reaction to a bunch of mail being sent to a non-existant
user named brubas on my postfix system and it works.

I put a header_checks entry in the main.cf file:

header_checks = /etc/postfix/header_checks

Then in the header_checks file I have things I would like to match and
reject like this:

/^[Tt][Oo]: brubas@*/ REJECT

then run "postmap /etc/postfix/header_checks"

and anything that comes in with a header matching a regular expression
in the header_checks file will effectively be rejected. (In this case
anything to the non-existant user brubas)

The header_checks file is also useful for matching other things.

If there is a more elegant solution I would love to hear about it.

- Gaetano