[PLUG] Warning About SuSE 8

Alex Daniloff alex at daniloff.com
Mon Apr 29 04:41:42 UTC 2002

Robert,
At first I thought that you're just a man who needs some help with Linux and
who is willing to study and learn the system.
I could help you with SuSE 'cause it's my favorite distro.
Now it appears that you're just a hopless hysterical whiner and troll.
Say thanks one more time to your god Bill Gate$  and get your dirty ass off
this list.
Linux is not for a such shamefull dork like you.
I'm blocking you forewer from my mailbox
Hope other PLUG'ers will do the same.

On Sunday 28 April 2002 07:15 pm, you wrote:
> With that in mind I have just blocked you Matt Alexander.  One strike and
> your out. Asshole.
>
> Robert
>

> "Matt Alexander" <m at netpro.to> wrote in message
> news:mailman.1020041123.1633.plug at lists.pdxlinux.org...
>
> > +--------------+
> >
> >  |    PLEASE    |
> >  | DO NOT  FEED |
> >  |  THE TROLLS  |
> >  |    --The Mgt.|
> >
> >  +------++------+
> >
> >  o o o  ||    *
> > ,,\|/,,,||,,,/,,,
> > ---+--------------
> >
> > On Sun, 28 Apr 2002, Robert wrote:
> > > The trouble with posting more details is I could spend all day writing
>
> down
>
> > > error messages or steps I took to get nowhere.  After hours of
>
> frustration
>
> > > with Linux I do what most people do and give up.  More people have
> > > tried Linux then stick with it. The last thing I will do after a few
> > > late
>
> night
>
> > > hours of frustration while trying to scan a picture is log onto a
>
> newsgroup.
>
> > > I went to bed instead.  The next night I scanned in Windows 98 and
>
> thanked
>
> > > God for Bill Gates. I also put Linux away for a month.
> > >
> > > I did spend some more time with SuSE 8.0, nearly 6 hours now, and I now
>
> say
>
> > > it is the absolute worst Linux I have ever used.  It absolutely refuses

> > > detect my modem, refuses to link up with my network printer, and is
> > > generally useless.  In my opinion it is a degraded version of 7.2.
>
> Since
>
> > > the older version worked fine with my computer modem and the new
> > > version can't even detect it, what else am I supposed to say?  I like
> > > Debian
>
> much
>
> > > better.  It refused to install on my computer so I never wasted hours
>
> trying
>
> > > to configure it.  SuSE should have had the grace to do the same.
> > >
> > > As for SuSE help, one of the things that made me go to Red Hat 7.2 was
>
> that
>
> > > after months of trying to get SuSE 7.2 to work with my network, I
>
> decided
>
> > > that instead of just reading portions here and there of the supplied
>
> "SuSE
>
> > > Linux 7.2 Network" book, I would read it from the beginning, cover to
>
> cover.
>
> > > In the beginning I found the following description of the book:
>
> "Although
>
> > > installation support is extensive, any network setup is not included."
>
> In
>
> > > other words, it a damn book on theory, not actual practice. It lacks
>
> actual
>
> > > setup procedures for networks.  I should have known better than spend
>
> any

> [...]

MS Windows users should be covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act!
-------------->   Try Linux and you'll understand why   <--------------