[PLUG] Looking for a good DSL provider

Jeme A Brelin jeme at brelin.net
Mon Apr 29 18:57:17 UTC 2002

On Sat, 27 Apr 2002, Brian wrote:
> I just bought a house that is qualified to get DSL up near PCC.  I'm
> wondering what is a good provider to use.  Specifically, I'm looking
> to run my own webserver, email, dns primary, etc.  I used to do this
> in Indiana with Verizon, but that was back in the days when they would
> give you a static IP and had reasonable service (read: they left you
> alone).  If could also provide a link to their website when you do
> make a suggestion.  Thanks a lot.

This is where I usually give my rave about how fantastic Speakeasy is and
all that they have done for me.

They ENCOURAGE running services on the DSL line, happily configure reverse
DNS for your assigned IPs and have options for paying as little money as
possible to the local telco.

You should check the archives for this question to see the full
endorsement because the question comes up every couple of months.

J.
--
     Jeme A Brelin
    jeme at brelin.net