[PLUG] Linux Database and Web server considerations

Richard Langis richard.langis at sun.com
Mon Apr 29 22:27:44 UTC 2002

Well, for the sake of reliability, you might want to split them up between
machines.  Of course, it all depends on what kind of load you'll have, as well
as what kind of hardware you'll have serving such demands.

What I, personally, would do is split the firewall/masq/router from the
others, and make a dedicated NFS/DB/Web box.  This keeps your data one machine
away from the DMZ.

Your mileage may vary, and of course I'm sure others on the list will have
more varied responses.

-Richard