[PLUG] Mail Man Help!

Jeme A Brelin jeme at brelin.net
Mon Apr 29 23:56:39 UTC 2002

On Mon, 29 Apr 2002, Bruce Kingsland wrote:
> Where does this come from, and how do I make it go away!
>
> Subject: Cron <mailman at phoenix> /usr/bin/python -S /var/mailman/cron/qrunner
>
> Traceback (innermost last):
>   File "/var/mailman/cron/qrunner", line 85, in ?
>     from Mailman import MailList
> EOFError: EOF read where object expected

It comes from the queue manager for the Mailman mailing list system.

Without knowing more, I'm not sure how to tell you what to fix.  But
mailman is pretty finicky about file permissions and ownership and such.

I would first try going into ~mailman/bin and running ./checkperms as the
mailman user and seeing what happens then.  ./checkperms -f will actually
fix the permission problems it finds, but be sure you see what they are
first.

If you have no need to host mailing lists on that machine, you can just
remove the package.

J.
--
     Jeme A Brelin