[PLUG] Run-level configurators

Don Buchholz don at truedisk.com
Tue Apr 30 01:51:06 UTC 2002

Michael Smith wrote:

> I'm a big fan of "ln -s /etc/init.d/service /etc/rcx.d/Sxxservice"
> and "rm /etc/rcx.d/Sxxservice"... um, does this make me weird or
> something?
>
> Yes, I know there are other things that make me weird, I just want to
> know if it's just in this instance.
>
> --Mike

I used that method (especially on Solaris systems) before finding
chkconfig.  I find chkconfig to be *much* less error-prone, and
the ability to simply document the start/stop order at the top of
the SysV-like startup/shutdown script is pretty nice for my old
flaky gray-matter, too.

--

- Don Buchholz                               <don at truedisk.com>
- TrueDisk, 7431 NW Evergreen Pkwy - #110, Hillsboro, OR  97124