[PLUG] refurbished Thinkpad 600

Bill Barry barryb at proaxis.com
Tue Apr 30 04:12:07 UTC 2002

I considered two sources,

http://www.notebookcomputer.com/ibmthin600pe2.html
and IBM directly,
http://commerce.www.ibm.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce/CategoryDisplay?cntrfnbr=1&cgmenbr=1&cntry=840&lang=en_US&cgrfnbr=2047342

The ones from notebookcomputer.com are cheaper $550 and have a little
more ram, the ones from IBM are more expensive $625 but have a
longer warranty (90 days compared to 30 days). The IBM ones come with
Win98 but they claim it is the OS that was on the Laptop originally
and you are not paying for the OS license. The notebookcomputer.com
version can be purchased without an OS.