[PLUG] OGI sponsored speakers series

Neil Anuskiewicz neil at pacifier.com
Thu Aug 1 08:42:23 UTC 2002

On Wed, 31 Jul 2002, Geoff Burling wrote:

> Just a FYI, but OGI & the IEEE have been teaming up for at least a couple
> of years now to present their own series of lectures on the high tech
> industry. Some of us may remember the presentation IBM gave on Linux
> that was hosted at OGI last year: this is one example of their lecture
> series.

Well, this one doesn't have to do with the IEEE yet but perhaps it would
be good to get them involved.

The RMS talk will be sponsored by OGI and ACM-OSU.

Would you show up for that? Would others here come see RMS? We'd want a
decent turnout. I think that he would have somewhat broad appeal, even if
you don't agree with everything he says.

He says his talks are a couple hours long and include a question and
answer discussion. Presumably, we would have some sort of reception
afterward so people could mingle and so on.

--
Neil Anuskiewicz