Offtopic copyright stuff (Was; Re: [PLUG] Microsoft's smell of desperation | LinuxWorld (fwd))

Russ Johnson russj at dimstar.net
Thu Aug 1 16:10:05 UTC 2002

I'd like a clarification on this, Jeme.

If I understand what you've been trying to pound into my head <G>, what you
are saying below is that anyone may legally copy a VHS tape, Cassette or CD
and give it away. That it's only when you try to sell it that it becomes
illegal.

Is that what you are saying?

At 04:53 AM 8/1/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>I disagree wholeheartedly.  I think it is perfectly clear according to the
>letter of the law that all non-commercial speech is protected and does not
>fall under the limitations of Title 17.

Russ Johnson
http://www.dimstar.net

Blamestorming:

Sitting around in a group discussing why a deadline was missed or a project
failed, and who was responsible.