[PLUG] Local resources for finding Linux/Unix/OS jobs?

Roderick A. Anderson raanders at acm.org
Fri Aug 2 02:27:03 UTC 2002

On Thu, 1 Aug 2002, Matt Alexander wrote:

> Well, if I was you, I would take one of those Windows Admin jobs and then
> begin modifying the environment to incorporate more Linux.
> ~M

Just interviewed for a job where Windows (and Novell) and the thing.
Hoping I get the job and then as the bugs and exploits build up I present
the not-Windows solution.  Door, window, chimney, crawl space.  Once in
look out.
   And no I'm really not a Windows guys.  I left a very good job with the
Government several years ago when they started replacing the IBM
X-Terminals with Windows 95 PCs that required a pile of other software
just to get the functionality they had with the X-Terminals.  I just
couldn't see myself explaining BSOD, Ctrl-Alt-Del, and the difference
between the C: drive and the NFS mount when a user couldn't access their
personal Word processing files, they had saved using the Windows
default settings, while working at a remote location.

Rod