[PLUG] Sharp Zaurus

Doug Davis mindglow at dsl-only.net
Sat Aug 3 03:18:26 UTC 2002

On Fri, 2002-08-02 at 16:54, ptkwt at aracnet.com wrote:

> I tried Best Buy and they say they're out of them - the story I got there is
> that a new model is coming out and they're waiting for that one to become
> available before they stock it again.
Don't believe everything those guys tell you. The real reason according
to the guys from Sharp on the Z message board was that BestBuy only
signed a contract for a limited quantity and chose not to renew. The new
model is the A300 and is only available in Japan with no US plans as of
yet. Also, it is missing the keyboard which is a huge disadvantage.
(that plus i don't read Japanese)

> Anybody know of anyplace selling these for a decent price?
Amazon has them for $378 if you don't mind mail order which seems to be the best price around.
The Best price price was due to them deciding not to carry them so if
they are gone, you are out of luck I think.
I do highly recommend the unit and i think it is easy to get $400 of use
out of it.

Doug