[PLUG] Broadband speed monitoring software

Stephen Liu satimis at writeme.com
Mon Aug 5 07:48:55 UTC 2002

Hi All Guys,

Is there open source software to monitor the broadband speed?  The story is :

I am subscribing a broadband of 10MB sharing dynamic IP.  From time to time
the download or browsing speed is quite slow.  My ISP claims that it is
caused by the traffic of the site I am browsing/downloading.  I expect to
find a software which can clear my doubt whether the responsibility falls
on my ISP's shoulder or otherwise because of too many users sharing one
line at the same time.

I browsed "goolge".  There are many suggestions, spectrum, web monitoring,
etc.  I am not sure which one shall be appropriate to my application.

Could any guy throw me some light.  Thanks in advance.

Stephen Liu