[PLUG] LyX won't start

Kevin Cosgrove kevinc at dOink.COM
Mon Aug 5 20:32:15 UTC 2002

I'm trying to run LyX on my Mandrake 8.0 system, displaying
remotely on a Redhat 7.2 system, taking a SSH hop through a
Solaris 2.8 system along the way.  All my other X applications
can run in either direction just fine, so I think my SSH and X
setups are OK.

When I start lyx I get "Segmentation fault" with no core file.
I tried starting lyx with debugging turned on for "info", "init"
and "gui", and I got:

    Setting debug level to 1,2,8
    Debugging `info' (General information)
    Debugging `init' (Program initialisation)
    Debugging `gui' (GUI handling)
    Initializing LyXGUI...
    Segmentation fault

Since I'm running 8 bit color on the display server, I set
"-depth 8" but I get just the same response.  I also tried
"-visual PseudoColor" and "-shared" with the same results.

Any ideas on how to debug this more?

Thanks....

Oh yeah, I'm trying this with lyx version 1.1.6 that came with
Mandrake 8.0 which runs just fine when executed locally on this
machine.