[PLUG] rpm installation help, please

Carla Schroder pluglist at bratgrrl.com
Mon Aug 5 19:05:48 UTC 2002

Sandy n Rich, a valiant effort. I hate when someone's idea of help is
"apt-get- oh you can't? too bad!"  Those Deb packages are built by human
hands, it doesn't take much of a search to find sad forum posts of Deb users
having similar problems.

Ethereal is a sterling example of how not to build an RPM. I've been fussing
with it all afternoon- it's been an interesting education. To heck with the
damned RPMs. The machines I use it on, it was installed during the original
Linux installation. I'm going to try building from source and see what
happens. The libs are on my test system, but not in the RPM database- seems
like there was a thread on this not too long ago.

Carla