[PLUG] rpm installation help, please

Kyle Accardi sandbox at pacifier.com
Tue Aug 6 04:05:52 UTC 2002

Everyone (sans apt-get'ers) is right--ethereal is one of the most
frustrating packages to install/update.  Not sure that building from scratch
would help much either.  `make` will (or should) fail if you haven't met all
the dependencies.  There are so many security lib deps and they are being
updated very often.

If I could find my notes from the last time I did this (using rpms), they'd
be out of date anyway.  But when you finally do it, your grunt gets a little
deeper.

--
Kyle Accardi