[PLUG] Learning Co-op

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Tue Aug 6 04:34:57 UTC 2002

>>>>> "Phil" == Phil Tomson <ptkwt at aracnet.com> writes:

>> computational geometry,

Phil> I'm actually doing a bit of this now...  What applications of
Phil> computational geometry?  I could teach the Scanline algorithm as
Phil> I'm quite familiar with it at this point, but the application
Phil> we're using it for is probably a lot different than what you
Phil> have in mind... still the algorithm itself is the same.

I did some thinking about an ultimately unfunded problem of rapidly
computing distance to nearest surface of a set of arbitrary
scaled/translated geometric primitives (at successive steps of a
random walk).  If anyone has any particular insight into efficient
solutions, I am all ears.

Phil> Lisp would be interesting...

Indeed.  I'd consider helping out on that one.

--
Russell Senior         ``The two chiefs turned to each other.
seniorr at aracnet.com      Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible