[PLUG] HP and linux

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Aug 6 13:58:42 UTC 2002

  Some of you may recall that I've been trying to upgrade the firmware on my
HP DeskJet 2500C for several years now, but cannot do it because the only
available executable is for Microsoft.

  I've contacted HP in Boise and Carly Fiorini in California and everyone
agrees there should be a way to do this on a linux system -- and their own
HP-UX OS which now cannot be used to upgrade their printer from their
hardware.

  Recently I've read that Bruce Perens of debian fame is now the Chief Linux
Advocate at HP/Compaq/DEC. I would like to send him an e-mail on this issue
so if anyone has his e-mail address, please send it on to me.

Thanks,