[PLUG] Need help with making a RPM

Richard Kurth rkurth at starband.net
Wed Aug 7 20:35:21 UTC 2002

 I need some help with the building of an RPM. What would case a Segmentation fault
 I get one when it is reading the files list. It does not tell me
 where the problem is and I can not find anything on the RPM mail-list
 or any of the how-to's that are out there. If I don't have a file
 list it does not give me a Segmentation fault and creates the RPM but with out a file
 list there are no files loaded in the RPM

Executing(%prep): /bin/sh -e /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.77827
+ umask 022
+ cd /usr/src/redhat/BUILD
+ rm -rf /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/autoserv
+ zcat /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/autocontrolpro-3.0.tar.gz
+ tar -xf -
+ exit 0
Executing(%install): /bin/sh -e /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.64205
+ umask 022
+ cd /usr/src/redhat/BUILD
+ cp -a /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/autoserv /usr/
+ cp /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/autoserv/autoserv /etc/rc.d/init.d/
+ /usr/lib/rpm/brp-compress
+ /usr/lib/rpm/brp-strip
+ /usr/lib/rpm/brp-strip-comment-note
Processing files: autocontrolpro-3.0-0