[PLUG] Lost Partition

Anthony Schlemmer aschlemm at attbi.com
Wed Aug 7 23:30:06 UTC 2002

Formatting a partition in Linux usually entails creating a new file
system on the specified partition. That operation overwrites all of the
existing information that previously existed in that partition as far
as I know. I'm not sure what information would be left to allow
recovery of the data after such an operation occurred on a partition.
I'm very happy if I am indeed wrong here.