[PLUG] Acad drawing file

Shannon C. Dealy dealy at deatech.com
Thu Aug 8 23:51:59 UTC 2002

On Thu, 8 Aug 2002, Michael Montagne wrote:

> This is disturbing.  I was sent a .dwg file (autocad drawing) as an
> attachment.  I use mutt on Linux to do my mail.  I saved the attachment
> and tried to open the file with autocad.  The file was corrupt and I
> could not open it.  The same thing happened when it had been zipped.
> The only way it worked is forwarding it (before even opening it) to
> myself on my windows box and using Outlook to save it.
> Can this really be true?  Wonder why.

Maybe a bug in mutt?  You might try using a different mail program to save
the file.  I use pine and have never had a problem like this, though I
have on many occasions sent and received large (5 - 15 Meg) binary files
(executables, zip files, etc.) as attachments without problems.

Alternatively, the paranoid in me says maybe this is a new feature of
the (presumably Microsoft flavored) mail program used to send it to you,
intended to force people to use MS products to receive their email.