[PLUG] Postfix "Deferred"

Richard Langis Jr. richard.langis at sun.com
Fri Aug 9 17:50:55 UTC 2002

I believe you can set Postfix up to check to see if the domain from
which the sender says he's coming from exists, and if it doesn't, to
auto-reject the message.  Because obviously, if the domain doesn't
exist, mail isn't EVER going to get back there.

Other checks could be to see if the address matches the initial
sent-from domain/IP (but some people use from: headers that differ from
sending domain for their own spam-avoidance reasons), if the netblock
matches the domain, etc etc.

I had to switch email adresses at one point because I was getting so
much spam.  I informed my friends, watched the logs and then set any
mail to that address to REJECT, regardless of sender.

-R

--
s u n  m i c r o s y s t e m s

   ~ Richard Langis Jr. ~