[PLUG] rpm installation help, please

AthlonRob AthlonRobNF at cs.com
Sat Aug 10 17:01:30 UTC 2002

On Sat, 2002-08-10 at 03:00, Karl M. Hegbloom wrote:
> AthlonRob <AthlonRobNF at cs.com> writes:
>
> > Well, my solution was going with Slackware.  :-)
> >
> > Compiling source tends to work better than installing precompiled
> > binaries in my experience.
>
> Hey, a Tough Guy!  Tough Guy's use Slackware.
>
> They say that the smarter you are the less you have to carry on your
> back...  Here's how we do it with Debian GNU.
>
> % apt-cache show apt-build
> Package: apt-build
<snip>

Yes, I am terribly impressed by your apt-cache printouts you have sent
today.  I mean geeze, who knew?

In recent years, Slackware users got the reputation as being the kind of
folks to answer every problem with 'get Slackware'.  Now I can see it
has moved to another distro.

You should realize, Karl, that Debian is *not* for everybody.  Slackware
isn't for everybody.  RedHat isn't for everybody, Mandrake isn't for
everybody.  Your multitude of apt-xxxx posts here have done nothing but
to say, "Hey, RedHat user, you're the biggest F'ing moron in the whole
world for not using Debian.  I am cool because I am using Debian.  See
what I can do with my Debian?  Aren't I cool?"

I've never actually wanted to filter out a poster on a mailing list
before... but geeze, you're making me want to look into it now.

Have a nice day.

--
Rob
"Google is your friend"