[PLUG] Diagnosing Hard Lock-Up

Kyle Accardi sandbox at pacifier.com
Sat Aug 10 20:38:40 UTC 2002

Marc wrote:

> My failures usually involve some OpenGL application running (game or
> screensaver.)  So I had been thinking that the combo of an Athlon CPU, an
> NVidia card (2MX) and heavy graphics use was doing it to me.  I recently
> detuned my BIOS from AGP 4X to 2X; that seems to have helped considerably.
>
> What are your hardware specs?

PIV 1.9GHz
512MB SDRAM
ATI Radeon 7200
Asus P4T-E MB

I'll run memtest, guess I'm in denial.  Wondering if this is all since I
installed the latest RedHat Kernel (2.4.18-3).  Usually roll my own, but
seldom get everything working as well as theirs.  Whether it the soundcard
or usb, or whatever.

I have had lookups (that I still blame on X or something running on X) that
I have been able to ssh in and kill gdm--not this this and that makes me mad.

--
Kyle Accardi