[PLUG] rpm installation help, please

Keith Morse kgmorse at mpcu.com
Mon Aug 12 05:42:30 UTC 2002

On 10 Aug 2002, AthlonRob wrote:

[snippage]

> Yes, I am terribly impressed by your apt-cache printouts you have sent
> today.  I mean geeze, who knew?
>
> In recent years, Slackware users got the reputation as being the kind of
> folks to answer every problem with 'get Slackware'.  Now I can see it
> has moved to another distro.
>
> You should realize, Karl, that Debian is *not* for everybody.  Slackware
> isn't for everybody.  RedHat isn't for everybody, Mandrake isn't for
> everybody.  Your multitude of apt-xxxx posts here have done nothing but
> to say, "Hey, RedHat user, you're the biggest F'ing moron in the whole
> world for not using Debian.  I am cool because I am using Debian.  See
> what I can do with my Debian?  Aren't I cool?"
>
> I've never actually wanted to filter out a poster on a mailing list
> before... but geeze, you're making me want to look into it now.

I normally refrain from "me too" responses to mail list postings, but I
find myself agreeing with Rob's sentiments.  These postings of Karl's are
an example of religious zeolotry that grates on my nerves.  Never in the 8
years of using Internet services have I kill-filed anyone.  And I am
seriously considering this.  Which truly would be a shame as Karl is
obviously a sharp guy and does contribute many good things to the PLUG
community.