[PLUG] DNS Nonsense

Jason Van Cleve jason at vancleve.com
Mon Aug 12 22:52:54 UTC 2002

Do you folks see anything wrong with this zone record?:

@ IN SOA www.fone.net. root.www.fone.net. (
	0208120859 ; serial
	10800 ; refresh
	3600 ; retry
	604800 ; expire
	86400 ) ; min ttl
christianecology.org.	IN NS	www.fone.net.
christianecology.org.	IN NS	www1.fone.net.
christianecology.org.	IN MX 10	mail.fone.net.
www.christianecology.org.	IN A	207.202.183.82
christianecology.org.	IN A	207.202.183.82

Note the last two lines.  I don't know DNS too well, but when I ping
www.christianecology.org, I get IP 206.168.68.228, one of the servers at
fone.net; though christianecology.org gives the correct IP.  Even
wierder, on Friday, it was the exact opposite.  So I'm growing dubious
of the admin in charge of this domain, and I was hoping someone here
could check his work.

He says it's a caching issue, but in the first place, he also said the
last changes were made before the weekend; and second,
www.christianecology.org was working before and should not have been
changed.  I now get the wrong IP from at least two different DNS
servers.  Can someone confirm this?

Thanx.

--Jason V. C.