[PLUG] cfengine install

Paul Heinlein heinlein at attbi.com
Tue Aug 13 20:00:32 UTC 2002

On Tue, 13 Aug 2002, Keith Nasman wrote:

> I'm going to give cfengine a whirl and grabbed the latest release
> from http://cfengine.org . The source compile is giving me the
> following error:
>
> checking Berkeley DB Version... configure: error: This release of
> cfengine requires BerkeleyDB 3.2 or later
>
> This system is the RedHat Limbo beta and it has:
> db4-4.0.14-11
> db4-devel-4.0.14-11
> db4-utils-4.0.14-11

You can either try

a. installing the db3 and db3-devel rpms (from limbo or another Red
   Hat release), or

b. hacking the cfengine configure script to look for the db headers
   and libs in whatever location the db4-* packages install them.

Personally, I'd try a. before b.

--Paul Heinlein <heinlein at attbi.com>