[PLUG] emacs or xemacs?

Terry Griffin griffint at aracnet.com
Tue Aug 13 22:36:36 UTC 2002

> After many years, I've decided to give emacs another shot, but now I see
> there are two versions available, does anyone know if there are any
> advantages/disadvantages to choosing xemacs over the emacs?

Now there's a good way to open a flame war.

I use emacs because in my line of work I find myself working on a large
variety of operating systems, some of which don't do X11. By using emacs
instead of xemacs it makes it easier for me to hop from one OS to another
and take my editor with me.

If I worked exclusively in X11 environments I'd certainly give xemacs
a spin.

Terry
--
Terry Griffin <griffint at pobox.com>