[PLUG] From the Symantec Newsletter

Don Buchholz don at truedisk.com
Wed Aug 14 00:27:24 UTC 2002

Rich Shepard wrote:

> On Tue, 13 Aug 2002, J Henshaw wrote:
>
> > Software Flaw Puts Multiple Operating Systems at Risk
> > REPRINTED FROM: Computerworld
> > AUG 12, 2002    ARTICLE ID: 1531
>
>   Interesting, Jeff. In today's "Oregonian" (Business Section)
>   there's a little piece about a major security hole in Microsoft's
>   Internet Exploder.  (So, what else is new, right?). At first, I
>   thought that's what this story reported.
>
>   The Microsoft flaw was confirmed by Symantec so perhaps it is
>   the same problem.

Could be ...

I suspect the Oregonian was referring to this:

  * "SSL defeated in IE and Konqueror"
    http://theregister.co.uk/content/4/26620.html

  * ... BugTraq thread
    http://online.securityfocus.com/archive/1/286895/2002-08-08/2002-08-14/1

And, BTW, Konquerer is already fixed ... (in the CVS tree anyway)

  * http://www.theregus.com/content/4/25962.html

--

- Don Buchholz                               <don at truedisk.com>
- TrueDisk, 7431 NW Evergreen Pkwy - #110, Hillsboro, OR  97124