[PLUG] CUPS Setup

Stephen Liu satimis at writeme.com
Wed Aug 14 16:59:05 UTC 2002

Hi Richard

Try follows :

On KDE

K_Start -> System -> CUPS Printer Configuration

to start "Common UNIX Printing System - Konqueror window" and then click
"Manage Printers"

- click "ADD Printer" -> "Add New Ptinter"
- Fill_in
Name DJ690C (Name_of_your_printer you expect to display)
Location /dev/lp0 (zero, not capital 'o')
Description HP DeskJet 690C (Description_of_your_printer)

- Continue -> Continue
-Select
Device Paraport #1 for DJ690C

- Continue
- Select
Make HP

- Continue
- Select
Model HP DeskJet 690C Foomatic+hpijs(en)
                                                     ^^^^^
(It is important to find out the applicable printer driver from HP website)

- Continue
Printer DJ690C has been added successfully

- Click "Printers on ESP bar
- Click "Print Test Page"

That is all, printer installation finished.

Good Luck
Stephen