[PLUG] SunOS vs Solaris version numbers.

Paul Heinlein heinlein at attbi.com
Thu Aug 15 18:21:48 UTC 2002

On Thu, 15 Aug 2002, Anthony Schlemmer wrote:

> Screams could also be heard from the users that had enjoyed very
> stable systems under the BSD derived SunOS as well. My wife was
> working for Sprint at the time Solaris rolled out and they had a
> number of system crashes under early versions of Solaris. It was a
> painful transition to say the least.

Yeah, I've heard the same. I wasn't doing SunOS work back then, but
one fellow colleague told me that it took a loooonnngg time for him to
accept the BSD -> SysV transition. I'm sure that was as true within
the Solaris engineering group at Sun as it was for SunOS users.

--Paul Heinlein <heinlein at attbi.com>