[PLUG] SunOS vs Solaris version numbers.

Mark Bynum mark at mjbynum.org
Fri Aug 16 20:56:01 UTC 2002

Being a former SGI employee, Geoff's recollection is correct.
SGI bought Cray and then sold the rights to the E10k to Sun.
I may disagree about that being SGI's downfall. It was most
likely about their lack of direction, i.e. getting rid of
IRIX and becoming a total Linux vendor, and then changing that back.
Also Rick Belluzo being president and now being a Microsoft, uh, employee.
On second thought, he's not even a Microsoft employee any more. Their stock
might go up.

Mark