[PLUG] source for used laptops?

Kyle Hayes kyle_hayes at speakeasy.net
Sat Aug 17 01:25:15 UTC 2002

In my quest to get my Panasonic CF-62 to work with Linux, I've started to
think that getting a laptop made a little more recently would be a good
idea.

I've heard that there are a few places in the greater Portland area that
have used laptops.  FreeGeek isn't one of them.

The goal is to turn this laptop into a portable X-terminal so that my wife
and I can share our current computer.  Space and other reasons preclude
another computer (power being one).  I definitely do not need anything
new.  However, I want one that is lightweight and has a good, clear
screen.

Does someone have any experience with used computer places in the area?
I've done some searching, but only found broken links to places that do
not appear to exist anymore.

Best,
Kyle