[PLUG] dns and postfix

Josh Orchard josh at emediatedesigns.com
Mon Aug 19 07:43:45 UTC 2002

Hello, I have set up a DNS server to handle some domains.  I have been
succesfull of getting it all to work with www.domain.com and
ftp.domain.com and it response to mail.domain.com.  Apache and proftpd are
working fine.
However when I added the normal virtual domain entries to postfix they
don't work for outside mail.  I can send to the new domain just find from
the same server but if I send from another server the mail server just
tells me that the domain for the user doesn't exist.
I can not also ping domain.com  I can ping www.domian.com.  and if I use
nslookup and set the server to the DNS server it can not resolve
domain.com also.
Do I have my DNS setup wrong?  Is there a setting I need to set to allow
for just the domain to be resolved?  Or is Postfix missing something.  I
do run postfix chrooted and have added my new DNS server(itself) to the
resolv.conf file inside the chroot.
Josh